Seasonal Employment Opportunities
"Equal Fun for Everyone" is the vision at WDSRA. Join an upbeat team of individuals working to make this a reality! Have FUN working with children, teens, or adults during daytime, after-school, evening or weekend hours.
Your commitment can be minimal or considerable. Everyone, regardless of prior experience, is encouraged to apply. WDSRA offers competitive wages based upon level of education and experience within the field. Work schedules are flexible and you have the ability to design your own schedule.
Involvement in WDSRA programs requires enthusiasm, patience, commitment, and dedication. You should be able to commit to work the duration of the program season (usually 6-12 weeks). Applicants must be 16 years or older to be eligible for seasonal work. Students under 16 years of age are encouraged to volunteer with parental approval. See Volunteer Opportunities.
You must provide your own transportation to and from work and be able to perform your job duties independently of others.
Inclusion Support Staff--Join in Park District programs as a 1:1 aide for children ages 3-12 with a disability
- Before/After School Care --Play indoor and outdoor playground games, board games, puzzles, color, arts/crafts, encourage and facilitate socialization, turn-taking, possible assist with homework, etc. (times vary based on time they are let out of school & when guardian picks them up).
BEFORE CARE-- Monday Thru Friday
Carol Stream--6:45am-8:30am (could start later)
Bloomingdale--7am-8:30am (could start later)
AFTER CARE--Monday Thru Friday
Carol Stream – 3:45pm–6pm (could end earlier)
Bloomingdale 3:30pm–6pm (could end earlier)
Roselle 3pm–6pm (could end earlier)
West Chicago at Indian Knoll School- 2:30pm-6pm (could end earlier)
Adult Day Recreation Program Staff
Adults ages 22 – 55 years old. Lead and assist in planning and implementing recreation based activities, daily living skills and community outings. It’s a mix of arts and crafts, indoor and outdoor games, art therapy, music therapy, animal therapy, field trips, gardening, socializing, exercising and much more!
- Carol Stream and Glen Ellyn location: substitute staff, availability M-F 8:45am-2pm
- Naperville location -- opening fall 2016: postions vary, availability M-F 8:45am-2pm
Seasonal Positions Available
- WDSRA Seasonal Support Staff (Work as an assistant in a group setting)
- Seasonal Inclusion Support Staff (Work as a 1:1 aide in Park District programs)
- Summer Camp Counselor (Day camps June-August)
- Head Instructor/Driver (Leader and Instructor for group programs)
- Therapeutic Recreation/Recreation Intern
- Rec and Roll Head Instructor (Day program M-F 8:30 am - 2:30 pm)
- Synergy Support Staff (Adaptive Sports Programs)
- Special Olympics Young Athletes Instructor (Morning and afternoon sessions during school day)
Specialty Staff - In order to provide quality programs WDSRA often looks for those individuals who have specific talents to offer. Examples of Specialty Staff that we look for include the following:
- Recreation Students & Professionals
- Dance Instructors
- Art Therapists/Instructors
- Music Therapists
- Musical Skills: Piano, Guitar
- Voice/Singing Skills/Instructors
- Special Olympics Coaches (all sports)
- Swim Lesson Assistants
- Swim Team Instructors
- Rhythmic Gymnastics Instructor
- Wheel Chair Basketball Coaches
- Softball Umpires
- Volleyball, Soccer and Lacrosse Officials
- Drama Assistant
Our mass hiring is conducted during the months of March – May. However, do not get discouraged if you do not receive a call for an interview during these months. We will “spot hire” throughout the rest of the year based upon our current needs.
WDSRA will retain your application on file for 1 year, until a position requiring your preferences and qualifications becomes available.
Anyone interested in applying for summer day camp positions should have their applications in between January-May in order to be considered for our mass hiring months. Before March is best but we hire for summer through June.
If you have completed a seasonal application and have not been selected for an interview, we highly encourage you to complete a Volunteer Request form so that you may be able to increase your experience working with special populations.
- For more information, contact Heather Richardson at 630-681-0962 ext 579 or email@example.com.