Disability Awareness and Community Education
WDSRA offers Disability Awareness programs structured for the general population in order to heighten their sensitivity to people with special needs. WDSRA staff will visit your school, business or organization to conduct the training and can tailor a program to meet the needs of your goals.
Through hands-on activities, individuals begin to get a feel for what being disabled means. During the training you will learn:
- How it may feel to have a disability
- How to interact with someone who has a disability
- How to reduce the fear of the unknown
- How to recognize a person's abilities
- Proper terminology to use
Disability Awareness training builds a friendly environment and is tailored to each group. Disability stations available include
- Physical Challenges
- Visual Impairments
- Hearing Impairments
- Developmental Delays
- If you would like more information or would like to book a Disability Awareness program for your group, please contact Dori Napolitano, WDSRA Day Programs Manager, at 630-384-8569 or firstname.lastname@example.org.