Individuals who have special needs are welcome to participate alongside their peers in any programs offered by our member park districts.
WDSRA is committed to providing a variety of recreation and leisure choices for individuals who have special needs. We believe that all individuals should be provided with leisure opportunities that allow for performance at their highest level of ability. WDSRA realizes that park district programs may be the best choice for some.
Who is eligible to receive inclusion services?
Any individual who registers for one of our member park district programs and has a special need is eligible for inclusion services.
What is the cost of inclusion services?Reasonable accommodations are provided at no cost through WDSRA and your local park district. Participants pay the regular program fees to the park district.
What accommodations are available?
- Activity modification
- Disability awareness training
- Behavior management support
- Sign language interpreter
- Observation and evaluation
- Adaptive equipment
- Visual systems
- Varying levels of staff support
What are the benefits of inclusion?
- Ensures that all residents are given the freedom of CHOICE
- Fosters an increased sense of independence in leisure activities
- Provides an opportunity for all residents of a community to learn more about each other, to appreciate individual differences and to celebrate diversity
- Provides services focused on meeting the needs, interests and abilities of each individual
- Enhances the quality of life for all involved in the process
- Learn more about WDSRA Inclusion Services
For more information about inclusion services, please contact a member of the Inclusion Team
- Stephanie Reeve, Inclusion Supervisor, for questions regarding Bloomingdale, Carol Stream, Glen Ellyn, Roselle, West Chicago, Wheaton, Winfield at 630-681-0962 ext. 588 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Maddy Kirui, Inclusion Supervisor, for questions regarding Naperville and Warrenville programs, at 630-681-0962 ext 589 or email@example.com.
- Tammy Kerrins, Inclusion Manager, at 630-681-0962 ext 587 or firstname.lastname@example.org.